This dish is yummy but some Brussel sprout and broccoli dishes aren’t good leftover and this is one of them. Plan to make it when you are going to eat it, and have plenty of mouths around to help eat it all up.
Creamy Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
- 10 ounces (10 strips) bacon
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half or quartered to make the same size
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (not half and half, it curdles)
- 1/2 cup grated Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
Cook the bacon until crisp, remove to paper towels and reserve the bacon grease.
Heat 2 tablespoons of bacon grease and butter in a large skillet. Add the Brussels sprouts, sprinkle the salt and pepper and sauté for 6 minutes. Make a 4 inch opening in the middle of the skillet by moving the Brussels sprouts to the sides. Add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds then stir them into the Brussels sprouts. Add the cream and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the cheeses.
Spoon the Brussels sprouts into a 2 1/2 quart casserole. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle over the top.